Your Responsiveness Score on Axial is an important lever you can use to maintain a great reputation on the platform. It corresponds to your level of responsiveness to members who have shared deals with you on the platform. Axial calculates your Responsiveness Score based on two inputs:
- Rate of Response. Over the last 90 days, what percent of the deals you sourced have you responded to (i.e., pursued or declined)? This comprises 75% of your score.
- Timeliness. Over the last 90 days, how quickly did you respond to deals? You’ll keep a perfect score by always responding within 3 days or less – take over 7 days to respond and you’ll get dinged. This comprises 25% of your score.
The logic we use to show your score is as follows:
- No deals received in the last 90 days: “NA”
- 0 – 20% Responsiveness: “Very Rarely Responds”
- 21 – 40% Responsiveness: “Rarely Responds”
- 41 – 60% Responsiveness: “Occasionally Responds”
- 61 – 80% Responsiveness: “Frequently Responds”
- 81% – 100% Responsiveness: “Always Responds”
Your Responsiveness Score will appear to the sellside when your firm appears on a recommendation list for a deal, and it has a significant impact on how high you can appear on that list.
To keep your responsiveness score high:
- Regularly log into the platform and check for New Deals
- Build time into your routine to clean out your inbox and close the loop with anyone who’s waiting on you.
Grace Period for New Users
When you first start sourcing deals on the network, your score will display as “Always Responds” until you source your first deal, and will remain that way for 30 days thereafter. On day 31 after having sourced that deal, your responsiveness score will become dynamic and will be based on your true activity as outlined above.
Once your grace period passes, you will be able to see how your score is displaying to the sellside, and actions you can take to improve your score, on the front page Dashboard.