The primary tool for selling a company or raising capital on Axial is the Project. A Project helps you manage the entire transaction process from initial research to deal marketing and document management. Projects use basic information about you or your client to recommend a list of members that fit your goals. You can then share a teaser with other members to initiate conversations and manage the deal process.
Projects are confidential. They only become visible to other members when you choose to contact the member directly.
1. Get started by clicking to create a new project on your Axial Homepage.2. Next, select your objective for the Project and provide an internal code name. 3. After clicking “Get Started”, you’ll be prompted to answer a set of questions about the company and goals. Axial uses this information to generate a teaser so you can selectively share your deal with other members on the network, and to factor into our matching algorithm and suggest the most relevant transaction partners. As you’re building Projects, remember to conceal the identity of the company, while still including as much detail as possible. Detailed Projects get more interest on the network.4. As part of the Company Basics section, you will need to describe the industry that your company operates in.
- Open add new industries
- To narrow your results select verticals and business activities that relate to your business
- Be as accurate and specific as possible with industry selections
- Each industry is associated with a vertical and a business activity
- To see more specific industries you can expand the results to deeper levels of the tree
- Selected results can be reviewed and saved in the right hand column
5. In the “Financials” section, first select the month of your client’s fiscal year end, then, input the company’s historical financials. In order for our application to connect you with relevant buyers and investors, you’ll need to enter Revenue and EBITDA for either the Last Twelve Months or the most recent year of Actuals. You may also add Gross Profit and CAPEX. We recommend filling out as much of this table as you can. Finally, please indicate if your client’s financials have been audited, and if so, by whom. 6. Next, please indicate your relationship to the company. If you are an advisor to the company, you will need to specify whether or not you have an exclusive mandate to represent the company, and if not, whether you are expecting a fee from the buyside.7. Finally, complete the “Documents & Contact” section. Here you can upload your own custom teaser, indicate whether or not you will use Axial’s Standard NDA or upload a custom NDA, and upload a CIM.
When your Project is complete, you can preview your teaser, save your Project to come back to, or click “Find Transaction Partners” to review your Recommend Targets and share the teaser. For more information about how to proceed once your Project is complete, see our article: How do I share a teaser on Axial?