Click to Call on Axial
Axial Click to Call offers members the ability to initiate phone calls with other groups in the context of an Axial deal. Calls initiated through the Click to Call feature will be routed to each members’ designated Phone Number automatically, meaning that both members’ will simultaneously receive a call from a Axial’s third-party conferencing system – neither party can see the other’s phone number. Calls will also be conveniently logged in your deal history for future reference.
To initiate a phone call on the buyside click the phone icon next to the name of a counterparty who you have received a deal from in your Active Deals list:
To initiate a phone call on the sellside click the phone icon next to the name of a counterparty who you have shared a deal with on your Contacted Targets page:
“As a sellside member, can I pitch my deal over the phone before sending a teaser?”
- While you can’t use the platform today to call prior to sending a teaser, you can call any recipients using the Call Button on the Contacted Targets list immediately after sharing a teaser.
“I’m worried that Axial could be recording or listening in on my calls.”
- It would actually be against the law for Axial to record phone calls without the consent of both parties (these laws differ state by state, so we default to the strictest ones).
- Since Axial is not recording these calls, their contents are not stored (meaning, we have no access to their contents)
- We only store the fact that the call has happened, in order to display the date of the call for you to reference in your Interaction History / Activity tab.
- That said, we recognize that if Axial could one day automatically record (and transcribe) calls for you, that could be a valuable offering. If we ever offer that, we’ll need to collect consent from both parties on any call.
“What if they miss my call?”
- You can leave a voicemail like usual. If you don’t leave a voicemail, they’ll see a missed call from an Axial number, but they won’t know it was you, and they won’t be able to return the call by dialing that number, so consider sending a follow-up note in that case.
“Why can’t I just see their phone number so I can call from my phone?”
- Plenty of members choose to exchange phone numbers and email addresses once they’ve entered conversations, and you should feel free to do so too if you’d like!
“Can I use this feature internationally if I’m traveling abroad?”
- Using this feature will leverage the phone number you’re using on Axial. So if you have cell service while you’re abroad, you should expect the call to succeed. Note that calls to / from a US number while abroad can cause you to incur an extra cost, depending on your terms with your service provider.
“Will the person I’m calling think I’m spam? What does the phone number look like when it rings on their end?”
- The phone number that will appear will be uniform for all calls sent and received through the platform. We encourage members to add this number to their phone’s contacts so they can quickly tell when they’re being called by another Axial member.
“Will it ring their mobile or their work phone number? It could be an inappropriate time to call mobile, but I wouldn’t hesitate to call the office line.”
- Calls will go to the number they have set as their primary phone number (as opposed to their mobile number).