If you’re selling a company or raising capital, you can create a Project. A Project helps you manage the entire transaction process from initial research to deal marketing and document management. Projects use basic information about your client to recommend a list of members that fit your client’s goals. You can then share a teaser with other members to initiate conversations and manage the deal process.
Projects are confidential. They only become visible to other members when you choose to contact the member directly.
- Get started by clicking “Create A New Project” on your Axial Homepage.
- Next, select your objective for the Project and provide an internal code name.
- After clicking “Get Started”, you’ll be prompted to answer a set of questions about your client’s company and goals. Axial uses this information to generate a teaser so you can selectively share your deal with other members on the network, and to factor into our matching algorithm and suggest the most relevant transaction partners. As you’re building Projects, remember to conceal the identity of your client and to include as much detail as possible. Detailed Projects get more interest on the network.
- In the “Financials” section, first select the month of your client’s fiscal year end, then, input the company’s historical financials. In order for our application to connect you with relevant buyers and investors, you’ll need to enter Revenue and EBITDA for either the Last Twelve Months or the most recent year of Actuals. You may also add Gross Profit and CAPEX. We recommend filling out as much of this table as you can. Finally, please indicate if your client’s financials have been audited, and if so, by whom.
- Next, please indicate your relationship to the company. As an advisor, you will need to specify whether or not you have an exclusive mandate to represent the company, and if not, whether you are expecting a fee from the buyside.
- Finally, complete the “Documents & Contact” section. Here you can upload your own custom teaser, indicate whether or not you will use Axial’s Standard NDA or upload a custom NDA, and upload a custom CIM.
When your Project is complete, you can preview your teaser, save your Project to come back to, or click “Find Transaction Partners” to review your Recommend Targets. Axial will recommend members based on the following information:
- Transaction Type & Details
- Project Headline and Description
The Axial members who you see on your Recommended Targets list will all have investment criteria that matches your opportunity. You can click into each row to explore the specifics about each member, their company, and why you matched. When you find someone you’d like to reach out to, you can use the sidebar to share your teaser and write a custom message to be included with the email they’ll receive about the deal.
Once you’ve contacted at least one firm on your “Recommended Targets” list your deal will change from draft to active. You can manage your deal marketing process and current conversations under the “Contacted Targets” tab.
From the “Contacted Targets” tab you can monitor which firms have pursued, declined, or signed an NDA for your deal. Additionally, you can update the status for one, or all, of your contacted targets. These status changes are private to your firm and will not be shared with the your contacted targets.